4. When You Are Satisfied – STOP! This is the part that many people struggle with. Many of us have been conditioned from a young age to eat everything on our plate.
You may have been told as a child:
• “Eat all of your food or you don’t get dessert”
• “Don’t waste your food, there are starving people all over the world”
• “I didn’t spend all that money on food for you to waste it”
You can however train your mind to think differently. When you feel physically satisfied, stop eating and try one, or a few of these methods:
• Think to yourself ‘I would rather that food be wasted in the bin, than wasted as extra fat on my body’
• Visualise yourself as the slim, healthy person that you want to be.
• Imagine a battle going on in your mind – the fat version of you (that wants you to finish your meal even though you are full), and the slim version of you (that wants you to stop eating as you have had enough) Always let the slim version of you win!